The best way to save money at the grocery store is to be knowledgable in what a good price is. If you know what a good price is, you will know when to stock-up. Remember that just because the sign says sale, does not not mean that it is a good price. If you are just joining us, I have posted the good buy prices for Meat and for Dairy and Beverage items. When I get all of the prices gathered, I will make a master list for you all!
“Buy Price” for Pantry Items- Sometimes items will be cheaper than the prices I have listed below. Prices listed are after coupons.
- Canned or Pouch Tuna, FREE-$0.50
- Condensed Soup, $0.50
- Canned Tomatoes, $0.40-$0.50
- Dry Pasta, Free-$0.75
- Spaghetti Sauce, $1
- Canned Vegetables, $0.40
- Ketchup, $0.40 (summer stock-up item)
- Mayonnaise, $1 (summer stock-up item)
- Barbecue Sauce, $0.50 (summer stock-up item)
- Mustard, FREE (summer stock-up item)
- Salad Dressing, $0.50-$1
- Crackers, $1-$1.50
- Cereal, $1-$1.50 (There is a huge range for cereal, my buy price is $1)
- Rice, FREE-$0.50
- Canned Pasta (Spaghettios, Chef Boyardee), FREE-$0.49
- Canned Beans, $0.50
- Brownie or Cake Mix, FREE-$0.50
- MuffinMix, FREE to $0.50
What are some items I missed? I would love to have a huge list at the end of these series! Give me some feedback of your “buy prices”!
Now it’s your turn!
If you are a blogger, write a post about your idea for making dollars out of change. It can be on any topic as long as it has to do with saving money. Please link directly to your post and not your homepage.
If you do not have a blog, we still welcome and encourage your participation! Please leave your thoughts in the in a comment below!
This post is linked at My Coupon Teacher.