The best way to save money at the grocery store is to be knowledgeable in what a good price is. If you know what a good price is, you will know when to stock up. Remember that just because the sign says sale, does not mean that it is a good price. If you are just joining us, I have posted the good buy prices for Meat and for Dairy and Beverage items. When I get all of the prices gathered, I will make a master list for you all!
“Buy Price” for Pantry Items– Sometimes items will be cheaper than the prices I have listed below. Prices listed are after coupons.
- Canned or Pouch Tuna, FREE-$0.50
- Condensed Soup, $0.50
- Canned Tomatoes, $0.40-$0.50
- Dry Pasta, Free-$0.75
- Spaghetti Sauce, $1
- Canned Vegetables, $0.40
- Ketchup, $0.40 (summer stock-up item)
- Mayonnaise, $1 (summer stock-up item)
- Barbecue Sauce, $0.50 (summer stock-up item)
- Mustard, FREE (summer stock-up item)
- Salad Dressing, $0.50-$1
- Crackers, $1-$1.50
- Cereal, $1-$1.50 (There is a huge range for cereal, my buy price is $1)
- Rice, FREE-$0.50
- Canned Pasta (Spaghettios, Chef Boyardee), FREE-$0.49
- Canned Beans, $0.50
- Brownie or Cake Mix, FREE-$0.50
- MuffinMix, FREE to $0.50
What are some items I missed? I would love to have a huge list at the end of these series! Give me some feedback of your “buy prices”!