Vegetarian Recipes Kids: Dill Pickles
Dill Pickles Recipe
This is a quick and easy dill pickles recipe that can be mixed up by a child with basic kitchen skills. No cooking or canning is required for these yummy pickles! Depending on the age of the child and or the method of slicing an adult may need to help slice the cucumbers.
Vegetarian Recipes Kids: Easy Refrigerator Dill Pickles
- 2 large or 4 small cucumbers sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp salt
- Sprinkle the salt over the cucumbers in a colander and let them sit for 1 hour.
- Drain and rinse.
- Mix the following in a jar
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. dill weed
- Cover and shake well then add the cucumbers.
- Refrigerate and enjoy the next day.
- This will stay crisp and good in the refrigerator at least 6 months. I have never had any last any longer than that! Six months was a long time for us but they were hidden in an 'extra' refrigerator and forgotten for awhile.
Thanks Rachel for this dill pickles recipe!
Find more Healthy Cooking with Kids Recipes
Make sure to visit our Recipes Kids Can Make page for more yummy and easy to make recipes that kids will love to eat and make!
Don’t forget to also check out our other Recipes!