Dorm Room Supplies Savings Tips
The cost of college is expensive enough before the cost of Dorm Room supplies and necessities are factored in.
With these Dorm Room Supplies Savings Tips you can send them off to school with everything they need without breaking the bank.
- Make a list of what you need and then go back over it and include quantities of each item that you need. Mark it off as you buy it so that you don’t buy more than you need.
- Use Organizing Totes to transport your stuff because they will double as storage when you move in your dorm.
- Save on Sheets by purchasing Twin Sheets in Jersey Knit. The jersey knit will stretch and fit on Twin XL beds. Twin sheets are cheaper than buying Twin XL.
- Buy Bedding Sets in a Bag. These are cheaper than buying each piece separately.
- Start shopping early and don’t wait until right before you leave.
- Compare prices online with those of retail stores. Remember to factor in shipping if you are buying online.
- If Going to School far away, find out if you can order items and pick them up at a store near the school. Paying for shipping charges twice or checked luggage fee on the airlines can greatly drive up the price of your purchase.
- Make sure to keep receipts for refrigerators, microwaves, and other large purchases. If your roommate brings one there is no need to have two.
- Check all return policies and make sure you will be able to return items that you don’t need.
- Shop with a list and don’t get tricked into buying items you don’t need. Stores will add in merchandise that is not a necessity among the things that you do need. Stick with your list and don’t buy these items even if they “appear” to be a good deal.
- Shop Consignment Shops,Resale Stores,Thrift Shops and Garage/Yard Sales for larger items you need. You can also find nice linens with a lot of life in them for a fraction of the cost.
- Shop Craigslist and Freecycle! It is amazing the deals and items you can find.
- Ask family or friends if they have any of the items you need and are looking to get rid of them. With Social Media this is very easy to do. Post a list of the things you are looking for and see who has them. They will end up with space in their house and you will save money.
- Check the college boards for listings by students who are transferring or graduation. They usually don’t want to haul it home with them and you can get great savings and don’t have to move it far.
Do you have any Dorm Room Savings Tips of your own?
Share them with us below and together we can cut the cost of going to college.
Dorm Room Supplies Deals
Stay Organized at College with these Easy Ways to Organize Your Drawers
Keep Your Room Smelling Fresh with this DIY Fabric Refresher
Topic: Dorm Room Savings