Tips and Tricks for Working out
Hi all! Rachelle here! In my last blog post I talked about how I am in the middle of my weight loss journey. I am no where near my goal weight, but I am 55 lbs down! You can check out why I started working out HERE
The first picture is of me is August,2012 and the second is me now!
Now, when it comes to working out, I am NOT one of those people that just loves to get up and go to the gym in the morning, and I don’t ever think I will be. But, I know it is something that has to be done to maintain my weight loss and to maintain my goal weight once I get there.
So here is my list for Tips and Tricks for working out!
- Find out what works for you! Everyone is different! Some people like the same thing everyday, and some people (like me) have to have some variety, and shake it up a bit! Also, find what kind of work out you want to do. There are a million different ways to work out, like running on a treadmill, lifting weights, doing a work out video, or taking a class, I suggest trying them all, and then seeing what you like best! The point is to get up and moving!
- Set a routine! This is something that was really important for me. If you are going to commit to getting healthy, and staying fit then you have to take it seriously. Set up a time to work out everyday, even if it is just for 15 minuets! You will be amazed how much easier it will get if you keep at it!
- Make little changes, that will make a big impact! This is super simple to do. At work, take the stairs instead of the elevator. Park the car a little further away from the store so you can get some extra steps in for the day! or my personal favorite, turn on some music and dance with your kids! These are little things you can do, that will add up to some major weight loss!
- Find some support! Studies show that if you have a partner to go through this with you, you have a higher chance of losing the weight, and keeping it off! This is as simple as grabbing a friend, family member, co worker, or even joining an online weight loss community to help you! I started my journey with my Mother-in-law and she has lost 50 lbs too! If you chose to go the online support route, I recommend My Fitness Pal you can check out their website HERE and you can download their app on your android or smart phone!
- Nutrition! Don’t forget to eat well while working out, you don’t want to undo all your hard work by eating junk! I will be posting some really yummy, low calorie recipes soon, so keep an eye out for those!
- The right equipment! You do not have join a gym, or buy expensive equipment to succeed at weight loss. You just need a few things that work for you! Personally I love work out videos! My all time favorite is: The Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders Boot Camp DVD, which you can get on Amazon for a great price!
Another one of my favorite work out items is my treadmill! I get up in the morning and walk while watching Live with Kelly and Michael, and I don’t even realize I’m working out! I personally use the Welso Cadence R 5.2 model which is only $299 on Amazon right now!
- Make sure you are wearing the right clothes!! I find it so much easier to work out when I am wearing the right clothes! My favorite thing to wear while doing any kind of work out is yoga pants! They are nice and flexible, and keep moisture at bay. My favorite kind of yoga pants come from Old Navy! They are reasonably priced, and super cute! Also make sure to get a really good pair of shoes!
- and Finally, have FUN!! Working out doesn’t have to be a miserable experience, and if it is, you probably won’t stick to it. I don’t ever think I will wake up and be excited about working out, but I do try to make it as fun as possible. I work out with friends whenever I can, and I get my daughter involved. I pump up the jams, and turn off the negativity!
What are some tips and tricks you have for Working out?