This is the last of the Affordable Wedding series. If you are just joining us, I have written about Inexpensive Wedding Favors and Planning a Wedding on a Budget. Sara from Saving For Someday is guest posting today on Thrifty & Unique Wedding gifts.
Summer is prime wedding season. It’s also a great opportunity to share your great frugal tips with the new bride and groom. Of course, a lovely wedding gift will be required but don’t overlook this as an opportunity for you to save and still get the bride and groom a gift they will enjoy and appreciate.
If you have a summer wedding you will need a gift for, or even if it’s not until the fall plan ahead and take advantage of the great summer sales and thrift store or yard sale finds. Frugal doesn’t mean cheap, especially when it comes to a wedding gift that everyone will be talking about for years to come. But a great gift doesn’t have to break the bank.
Here are six great wedding gift ideas that are thoughtful as well as thrifty.
- Christmas decorations – if the bride and groom celebrate Christmas, receiving a set of ornaments or decorations to start off their new home will be a welcomed gift. Vintage decorations are often found at yard sales or thrift stores. You might also find ornaments and decorations at discount stores as well.
- A welcome mat, door knocker or door wreath – if you know the couple well and you think they would appreciate a gift such as this, summer is a perfect time to find these items as stores are clearing out for the fall and new décor. Personalizing these items would be an extra special treat.
- Laundry Basket filled with household products – starting a home requires so many small items. If the bride and groom will be moving in to a new home together, this gift could be perfect. By combining sales and coupons, you can give the newlywed couple a generous start to married life with this practical gift.
- Set of tools – whether they rent or own their home, the new couple will probably need to fix something and realize they don’t have basic tools. It’s a practical gift but will likely be greatly appreciated.
- A good quality Crockpot or slow cooker – you know the benefits of having one of these kitchen essentials, share your favorite recipes and this gift will be a hit for years to come.
- Restaurant.com gift certificates – If you’ve been to this site before, you know how much Amee and Renae loves these. I love them too, and they save me so much money. If you get these certificates when they run their great sales, you can get these for the new couple so they can treat themselves and think of you for helping them save money as well. One of the great things about these is that you can search by zip code so if the wedding is in another area you can still get the couple discounts for restaurants in their area!
Please share your thrifty gift ideas that any bride and groom will like!
For more frugal wedding gift ideas check out this post on Affordable Wedding Gifts.
Sara blogs at Saving for Someday where she helps people realize that dreams can come true. Coupons and being frugal have helped Sara makes her “someday” dreams a reality. I had the pleasure of meeting Sara at Blisdom Conference and she is truly delightful and funny!
Now it’s your turn!
If you are a blogger, write a post about your idea for making dollars out of change. It can be on any topic as long as it has to do with saving money. A link back to Madame Deals is appreciated. Please link directly to your post and not your homepage.
If you do not have a blog, we still welcome and encourage your participation! Please leave your thoughts in the in a comment below!
This post is linked at My Coupon Teacher.