Breakfast Recipes for Kids: Sugar Free Banana Bread Recipe
I am always looking for great tasting recipes that don’t use sugar, as well as a recipe my little one can help with. I am in love with the all natural sweetener Xylitol, not only is it a great one for one substitution for sugar but it always has great dental benefits as well. The great thing about making banana bread is that it is something everyone in the family can participate in–it is just pouring ingredients mixing, and my personal favorite part, mashing the bananas! These are all things that can be fun for your little ones to do and makes it easy for them to participate. Even my little one year old loved that she got to help me mix and mash in this recipe. So here it is–I adapted a few different banana bread recipes to get to my liking, and remember any time you want to use xylitol as a substitute for sugar it is one for one, so you don’t even have to mess with different measurements. This makes it a very simple and quick substitution.
Sugar Free Banana Bread Recipe
Makes 2 Loaves
- 5 very ripe bananas (mashed)
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups xylitol
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Butter your two loaf pans.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. In a separate bowl, cream xylitol and butter. Mix in eggs, then add the mashed bananas. Add the dry ingredients and buttermilk by alternating one and then the other until mixed, be careful not to over mix.
- Pour into pans, and bake for one hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- And that's it, happy sugarless eating!
Thanks to Ali Jarman for this Sugar Free Banana Bread Recipe!
Do you love to write? Or can do crafts or have fun ideas for articles. MadameDeals is hiring! Apply now! Check out my >>> Job Board
If you love this sugar free recipe, you may also want to check out our No Sugar Homemade Apple Sauce.
Make sure to visit our Recipes Kids Can Make page for more yummy and easy to make recipes that kids will love!
Don’t forget to also check out our other Recipes!
Topic: Banana Bread Recipe