Stay At Home Date Ideas
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and it’s important to keep the romance alive in your relationship. There’s no need to spend so much, all you need are some creative ideas and your genuine love for each other to make the day or night special and memorable. I have some easy stay at home date night ideas that won’t burn a hole in your wallet but for sure these date ideas will give you and your loved one a special time together.
Simple But Fun and Romantic Stay at Home Date Ideas
- Cook dinner together– A fun date night that will fill up your belly and your “love tank”
- Go outside and star gaze– How romantic is that!? Grab a blanket, a star map, and your hunny for a great date night!
- Build a bonfire and roast marshmallows– Keep each other warm with a fire and love
- Have a carpet picnic– Skip the bugs and set up an indoor picnic!
- Have an in-home spa– take turns giving each other massages ?
- Throw an indoor beach party– grab some beach chairs and a good book and have an indoor beach day!
- Plant something in the garden together– Flowers or veggies, have some fun in the dirt with your love!
- Play a game of basketball– Winner has to buy dinner?
- Take a bubble bath– Light some candles and get a little bubbly with your spouse.
- Play a board game– Let your competitive side out with a fierce game of monopoly
- Enjoy fondue together try my easy fondue recipe
- Play a card game– Some poker might be fun!
- Make cookies– Don’t forget to add some sprinkles!
- Look at your wedding album and see if you can name everyone– Gotta love a trip down memory lane!
- Pull out your yearbook and talk about the good old days– another great way to reminisce about fun days past.
- Go on a bike ride– Have fun and get active, together!
- Take a walk holding hands– A stroll in a local park would be a great date!
- Sit on the front porch– People watch or just enjoy each others company!
- Do a craft together– A great date around the holidays!
- Wash the car together– Get some work done in a fun way!
- Make ice cream sundaes for one another– A yummy treat for both of you!
- Listen to your favorite songs
- Read old love notes
- Laugh, Laugh, Laugh
If you need more date ideas, check out these…
Date Night Ideas – 35 Scratch Off Date Ideas
Fun & Adventurous Date Night Box – Scratch Off Card Game with Exciting Date Ideas for Couple
ZICOTO 40 Fun Date Night Ideas for Couples
- The ultimate date night ideas card set comes with 1 dice, 20 going out & 20 staying in cards, as well as 1 coupon book
A Year Of Dates – Romantic Christmas and Valentines Day Couples Gift
- It’s a box of 52 sealed date night ideas, 51 date ideas to help inspire a different date each week.
More Stay at Home Date Ideas – Try these delicious Valentine’s Day Recipes
Strawberry With Goat Cheese And Basil Bruschetta Recipe
Dates and goat cheese appetizer recipe
Weight Watchers Appetizer Recipes
Did I ever tell you the story about me making pasta? I was so excited it was the first meal I planned to cook for my beloved. I got the box. I read the directions. I turned on Paula Abdul because we all like Forever Your Girl. Right? I took out my red pot. I turned on the stove. I filled the pot with just the right amount of water. I watched the water boil for 10-12 minutes just like what the box said.
Only the box forgot to mention one very important thing, and my dinner was almost ruined.
The box forgot to mention you pour the pasta into the water as soon as it starts to boil and it should take 10-12 minutes from there. I was so busy singing with the spoon that I didn’t pay attention to the fact that there wasn’t enough water to cover the pasta since I had allowed the water to boil for 10-12 minutes thus evaporation took place.
That wasn’t the worst part.
The worst part was my beloved arrived early saw me singing, saw the pasta burning, and he couldn’t stop laughing. You know the kind of laughing that makes you want to cry because they are laughing at you, but it is so infectious that you start laughing as well. The next thing you know you are grateful you have a roommate who had a box of pasta you borrowed.
What I like best about Knorr’s one skillet meals are they’re for couples who love to cook together. The best memories I have of my beloved and me are in the kitchen. We enjoy cooking together or cooking for one another. We enjoy laughing together and catching up on the day. I love the Knorr’s one skillet meals because they are in one pan and the directions are so easy that I am sure my former self could have followed them.
That is why when I think of the best stay at home date nights cooking is tops on my list. Cooking dinner -will fill up your belly and your “love tank.”
I mean look at this Lemon Chicken with Barley, are you drooling yet? Do not worry you can easily make this I promise. It is perfect for date night, Valentine’s day, or Monday.
FUN GAMES FOR COUPLES
Make date night more interesting by making it fun and exciting through different relationship building date night games. By playing games, you’ll increase quality time and deepen your connection. Here are some of our picks!
OpenMity Box of Meaningful Conversations – Conversation Starters Game for Couples – Date Night Cards Deck with 130 Question Cards
– It includes 130 conversation starter question cards which will help strengthen your relationship. The best part is this game has been made in close collaboration with a professional couple’s therapist
I Love You More Than Pizza Date Night Box
– Jump start a fun way to connect with your significant other by playing the activities included in this box: bond with You Wanna Pizza Me, compete with Top That Pizza, get intimate with Every Pizza Me Loves Every Pizza You, complete the challenge with It’s a Toss Up.
House of Curiosities Date Night Box
– Fun mystery/puzzle adventure game for couples. Escape Madame Medora’s spooky House of Curiosities! This Crated With Love date night adventure game includes everything you need so you can start playing right away. Test your communication and problem-solving skills with this escape-style game!
Arcade Invasion Date Night Box
- Escape the game console with your partner by getting the high score in a series of arcade-inspired games!
- Spark meaningful conversations and learn new things about your partner or team up together to compete against other couples to see who really knows each other best.
Talking Point –200 Couples Conversation Cards
- Couple card game that inspire deeper connection through real conversation. Each set includes 200 expertly crafted and thought-provoking questions to spark engaging and important conversations with your partner.
Toilet Tag – Play While You Potty
- A silly and fun game while you potty. Reveal things about the past, get a peek into the future, answer fun hypotheticals, and play quick mini games along the way. Whether you’re dating or have been married for 20 years, you’ll grow so much closer together.
- Spice things up in your relationship with this fun game. The Talk cards include questions to start fun couple conversations at parties. Refuel the connection in your marriage or relationship with Flirt & Dare cards.
Cook, Baker, Phototaker, Fitness Mover and Shaker, Cupcake Tester, Deal Maker, Adventurous Undertaker, Do Good “Deeder”, Teacher, Mom, Wife, Patriot for Life & Giver of Good Advice – RealAdviceGal