Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
This is my Spaghetti Sauce Recipe. It is based on my mom’s “Amazing Gravy” recipe. She grew up in Philly and her home was right outside of little Italy so she must have learned how to cook from there. This Spaghetti Sauce Recipe smells so good I have thought about bottling the smell and selling it.
I went to sam’s club and bought all of the items above with exception of the basil. I used all of it. I made two huge pots of my Spaghetti Sauce Recipe because I put it in ziplock bags and I freeze it to be used later. I also add some oregano by sight and 2 cloves of fresh garlic one for each pot.
The secret to the my easy Spaghetti Sauce Recipe is the order in which I do things and the quality of the ingredients. I find that is important to buy in bulk and cook ahead to save time and money. I use this sauce for tons of recipes.
- 3lbs of ground beef
- two small packages or one large package of sweet sausage
- I large pack of mushrooms
- 4 red or orange or yellow peppers
- 2 cloves of garlic
- a large can of tomatoes
- meatless spaghetti sauce fill until the pot is almost full
- couple leaves of basil
- You will need to brown the meat in a little bit of olive oil
- This is the trick cook the sausage in the pot that you are going to simmer the sauce in.
- Once you have browned it. Then you will need to break the sausage apart and cook a little more.
- Then I dump in the browned meat into the sausage. I stir them together. I place in the garlic that has been chopped .
- Then you will add in all the veggies. I divide everything between the two huge pots.
- I dump in the huge can of tomatoes. Then I pour in the sauce close to the lid. I put on the lid of the sauce and then I set the stove to low. You can cook this in a crock pot on warm. It is the same steps to make it a crock pot spaghetti.I cook it for a couple of hours. Then I serve it with pasta. I cool it down and I place it in zip lock bags.
Tip use the left over Spaghetti Sauce from this recipe to make a spaghetti pizza bake in the crockpot. I also make this awesome lasagna and freeze an extra one. This recipe above will make enough sauce for a pizza bake, dinner for 6, and french bread pizza, and crockpot lasagna. If you have tomatoes check out our tomatoes recipes for everyone.