Save Money Groceries Tip
Soups that Freeze Well
Today on Tips Tuesday, I’m sharing with you one of my favorite save money groceries tip, it is by making Soups that Freeze Well. You may be wondering how we can save money with this tip, it’s simple by freezing multiple batches of soup, you save on ingredients, time and effort. All you have to do is cook a large amount and freeze it in small portions so when you need it all you have to do is take one, reheat and voila you have a tasty meal to enjoy.
I love soup so much that it’s one of my comfort food, there are lots of recipes to try and it’s super easy to make. But then not all recipe are good for freezing because some lose their taste, lose their texture or have ingredients that don’t freeze well, so here are some tips to consider for Soups that Freeze Well.
1. For vegetable soup, you may want to undercook your vegetables so that they will have better texture when defrosted and reheated.
2. For soups with pasta, you should take note that pasta can easily get mushy so it is better to just make the soup without it. Just boil pasta and add it when you’re ready to reheat the soup.
3. Some herbs lose their taste when frozen such as basil or parsley so just add it when you reheat your soup.
4. For milk and cream based soup, sometime it will become grainy and will separate when frozen but the trick is when reheating add fresh cream or milk and whisk it.
5. Chill the soup before freezing. Do not put hot soup on containers and directly to your freezer. And make sure you use freezer-safe containers.
6. Don’t forget to label and date your soups.
To enjoy more Soups that Freeze Well, why not invite friends and host a soup swap, Read our tips on How to Soup Swap.
Want to Save Money Groceries now? Start making Soups that Freeze Well, here are some recipes to try.
Like our Save Money Groceries tip today? Read more of our Ways to Save Money Tips:
- Save Money Groceries
- Savings Challenge: 52 Week Savings Plan
- Frugal Ways to Save Money on Best Home Appliances