Homemade Sloppy Joes Recipe
This recipe sounds quick and easy, great for those busy nights. Thanks to Connie for this recipe. Check out Cook with Connie for more fantastic recipes!
- 1 lb lean ground meat
- ¾ c chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 t. whole wheat baking mix (or Bisquick)
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
- 2 t. brown sugar
- 1 t. chili powder
- 2 t. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 t. salt
- Dash of hot pepper sauce (if desired)
- ¼ c. shredded cheese (cheddar, Monteray jack, American, your choice)
In a large skillet, cook meat, onion, and garlic over medium heat until meat is browned. Drain off fat. Stir in the undrained tomatoes and next 7 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer for 5 minutes. If necessary, simmer 3-5 minutes more or until mixture is to desired consistency. Add cheese and stir until melted. To serve, spoon mixture onto toasted buns and top with pickles.
Make sure to check out all of Connie’s recipes! She is a wonderful cook!