Each Thursday during the Fall and Winter The Centsible Family will showcase a slow cooker (crock-pot) recipe that one of the Mavens of Money have tried and tasted. By sharing we hope you will be able to save a little time during the week as we all know saving time is just as valuable as saving money. And you will be able to enjoy a hot meal at the end of your day.
This week’s recipe is Rotisserie Chicken by Leandrea at Coupons Are Great that is a perfect for multiple meals! Cook the chicken for one meal and use the leftovers for Chicken Pot Pie, Chicken Pizza, Chicken Salad and more! A great way to plan meals during the week. Prep time should be about 20 minutes and will cook for six hours on low.
- One whole Chicken
- Lawry’s Seasoning (or any chicken/rotisserie seasoning)
- Carrots (optional)
- Wash potatoes and cover in foil. Place in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Rinse chicken and cover with Lawry’s/seasoning
- Place chicken on top of potatoes (and baby carrots/cut up carrots if you wish). You don’t want the chicken to touch the bottom of the slow cooker and propping it on the potatoes is an easy way to do this.
- Cook for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low
When you are done eating your delectable chicken you can save the chicken remnants and turn it in to chicken broth very easily! Add the leftover bones, salt, pepper, celery, onions, and carrots to a pot of water. Bring to a boil and then reduce head to a simmer. Simmer uncovered for 3 to 4 hours. Skim the fat/gunk from the top several times.
Thanks The Centsible Family!