This week’s recipe is Pumpkin Black-Bean Turkey Chili by Brett at This Mama Loves Her Bargains that is deliciously perfect for Halloween Night to warm all the trick-or-treaters. Prep time should be about 20 minutes and will cook for seven hours and yield about 10-12 servings.
A quintessential fall meal!! Pair with buttermilk biscuits or some cornbread and you are good to go!!
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1½ tsp. dried oregano
- 1½-2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 15-oz. cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2½ cups chopped cooked turkey (or same amount cooked ground turkey)
- 16-oz. can pumpkin (frozen or pureed steamed is fine as well, they are just a bit more liquidy)
- 14½-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Sauté onions, yellow pepper, and garlic in oil in skillet for 8 minutes, or until soft.
- Stir in oregano, cumin, and chili powder. Cook 1 minute. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover. Cook on Low 7-8 hours.
Photo Credit: Fix it and Forget It Blog
Each Thursday during the Fall and Winter The Centsible Family will showcase a slow cooker (crock-pot) recipe that one of the Mavens of Money have tried and tasted. By sharing we hope you will be able to save a little time during the week as we all know saving time is just as valuable as saving money. And you will be able to enjoy a hot meal at the end of your day.
Are you in need of a slow cooker or crock pot for this recipe? Amazon is having a “Crocktober” Fest with a $5 cash back rebate offer for a limited time. Order any of the crock-pot slow cookers and you can get $5 back through their rebate. Prices range from $24.88 for a 6 Quart Manual Portable Crock Pot to $34.50 for a 6 Quart Programmable Crock Pot to the deluxe 6-1/2 Quart Programmable Touch Screen Slow Cooker for $78.99.
Thanks The Centsible Family!