I’m super excited to tell you about the new Slow Cooker Meal Plan from eMeals! This brand new program offers complete slow cooker recipes in both the Classic and Clean Eating programs. I’ve gotten a sneak peek at the meal plans…and I can tell you that they look delicious!
If you’re as busy as I am, you know it’s not always practical to prepare an elaborate meal each evening. Isn’t it great when you can put a few quick ingredients n the slow cooker at the beginning of the day, and then come home in the evening to a hot meal?
Another one of the great things about using a slow cooker is that you can make a big batch of something and have leftovers. Instead of serving the exact same thing two days in a row, you can use yesterday’s leftovers to make something completely different for dinner today. The slow cooker meal plans from eMeals include five recipes for your slow cooker, plus two quick, easy meals to create with your leftovers.
In the weeks to come, I will be preparing recipes from eMeals, trying them out on my family of picky eaters, and telling you all about them! But for now, check out this sample recipe from eMeals’ Slow Cooker Clean Eating Family Plan. It uses Lemon Chicken Thighs that were prepared earlier in the week to make a delicious pasta dish that can be put together in as little as 20 minutes.
- 12 oz whole wheat rotini or penne pasta
- 12 oz broccoli florets
- 4 Lemon Chicken Thighs (leftovers), chopped
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup toasted walnuts
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Add broccoli to the pasta during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Drain, then return pasta and broccoli to the pot.
- Stir in chicken, broth, oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, tossing frequently until heated through.
- Top with cheese and nuts.
For more great sample slow cooker recipes and for information about eMeals, please visit eMeals.com. And right now, you can save 15% on your purchase by using the promo code SLOW.