Slow Cooker Chicken Pita Recipe
submitted by Rebekah R.
This Slow Cooker Chicken Pita Recipe is perfect for the days that you know you are going to be short on time for dinner. Place the ingredients in the Slow Cooker in the morning and dinner will be done when you get home.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
- 3 teaspoons Ms. Dash Onion and Herb seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 pita pocket breads (or tortillas)
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 tomato, sliced
- ½ cup chopped cucumber
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced in thin strips
- 1 small bag baby carrots
- In slow-cooker, combine garlic, chicken and spices; mix to coat chicken with seasoning.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4–6 hours. Add carrots to last 30-45 minutes of cooking.
- Heat pita bread as directed on package. Meanwhile, remove chicken from slow-cooker; place on cutting board. Using two forks, shred chicken. Add back to slow cooker.
- To serve, stir yogurt into chicken mixture in slow-cooker. Spoon onto warm pita bread, top with tomato, cucumber, and red pepper strips.
- Options: Serve with Feta Cheese
If you like this Slow Cooker Chicken Pita Recipe and would like to see your recipe featured on Madame Deals submit your guest entry at Madame Deals
Topic: Slow Cooker Chicken Pita