Save on Crafts
Craft Sticks Projects
My daughter loves to craft and I would say she came by it naturally but I am not a crafter by nature. I like crafty stuff and I always have the best intentions but alas I never have time. My mom loves to craft and has made sure I nurture this side of her. On a recent trip we stocked up on her favorite supplies for the month. I followed these tips in How to Save on Crafts to make sure I got the most bang for my buck. Even crafty kids still get a budget! She recently created two simple Crafts Sticks Projects that are simple for any child to make and make cute gifts to give friends or for a fun activity to do on a rainy day.
Save on Crafts
First Craft Sticks Projects – Bookmarks
Each Bookmark requires 2 pipe cleaners and 1 craft stick.
- Take one pipe cleaner and wind tightly around the top of the craft stick.
- Once you are sure it is secure wrap the remaining pipe cleaner around the craft stick.
- Take second pipe cleaner and start wrapping where the first pipe cleaner stopped.
- With the final 2 inches of the pipe cleaner bend in a hook to hang over the craft stick.
- When it is not being used a bookmark you can wind the bent end of the pipe cleaner around the craft stick.
You can do an alternative version by covering the Craft Stick with Decorative Duct Tape (We purchase ours on clearance or with coupons at Michaels) and loosely covering the craft stick with 1 pipe cleaner to reveal the duct tape in sections.
Second Craft Sticks Projects – Butterflys
Each Butterfly requires 1 Craft Stick and 3 pipe cleaners.
- Wrap 1 pipe cleaner tightly around the top end of the craft stick. (This is the head of the butterfly)
- Wrap your 2nd piece of pipe cleaner around the craft stick making sure that it is centered on the pipe cleaner.
- Wrap the pipe cleaner a few times around itself at the edge of the craft stick.
- Loop each of your ends into a wing and secure to the craft stick.
- Center the craft stick in the middle of your third pipe cleaner.
- Take one end and cross it over the other end and lift upwards.
- Lift the other end upwards.(It should look like you are going to make a knot.)
- Wrap each end of the pipe cleaner around the wing to create a double effect.
- Display in vases, floral arrangements, or in surprise spots to brighten up your friend’s day.
Craft Sticks Projects are so much fun and there are endless possibilities.
Check out this other Fun Craft Sticks Projects!
This DIY Flower Pen is super cute and helps you Save on Crafts.