Sausage Cheese Dip down south is also known as Redneck Crack .
This Sausage Cheese Dip is very good made with venison sausage.
Sausage Cheese dip can be served with gluten free celery sticks, bell pepper slices, pork rinds, as well as regular chips or pretzel crisps.
- 1 pound velveeta cheese
- 1 can tomatoes with peppers
- 1 lb. sausage
- Brown the sausage. We use the microwave to brown our meat so the fat is drained off easily. To do this we simply put the sausage in a microwave safe colander and place it in a microwave safe pie plate. The fat runs out of the meat through the colander into the pie plate.
- Shred or chop the velveeta cheese. You can skip this step but then you will have to heat your mixture longer in order to melt the cheese.
- Mix cheese and sausage with the can of tomatoes and peppers (including the liquid).
- Heat. You may do this on the stove or in the microwave. Simply heat till the cheese is melted.
Serve warm. A mini crock pot is an excellent way to keep Sausage Cheese Dip warm throughout a gathering.
Variations: I have used venison sausage MANY times. The cheese and tomatoe liquid help to keep the ground venison from drying out. Venison is also great in Sloppy Joes, as a pot roast, and in Bacon Cheese burgers. You may add mild greens such as spinach to this dip.