Red Velvet Cupcakes
Do you love cupcakes? Store bought cupcakes are yummy but nothing beats the awesome goodness of homemade moist cupcakes. We have a great red velvet cupcakes recipe for you with special ingredients that add that little extra touch to make these the best homemade red velvet cupcakes ever.
I have found that red velvet cupcakes are one of those things that people either love or hate. I have never met a cupcake I didn’t like and these are no different. The dark red color and rich cocoa flavor make these cupcakes special but the Apple Cider Cream Cheese frosting makes them extraordinary!
Red Velvet Cupcakes Recipe
- ½ C Crisco shortening
- 1 ½ C granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 4 Tbsp red food coloring or 9 grams powdered red food coloring
- 1 t salt
- 1 t vanilla
- 4 Tbsp buttermilk powder
- 1 C milk
- 2 ½ C flour
- 1 ½ t flour
- 1 ½ t baking soda
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream the shortening and sugar until fluffy.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla, and mix completely.
- Blend the cocoa powder and red food coloring; add to the egg mixture and blend.
- Add the salt, buttermilk powder, and milk. Mix until well combined.
- Slowly add the flour, incorporating each addition before adding more.
- In a small bowl, mix the baking soda and vinegar; add to the batter quickly and mix in.
- Line a cupcake pan with paper liners. Fill 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake in heated oven 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
Apple Cider Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp apple cider
- 4-5 C powdered sugar
- Whip the butter and cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add the apple cider. When incorporated, add the sugar a little at a time until completely added.
- Whip 7-10 minutes, until sugar is blended and frosting is fluffy and smooth.
Find out what we eat >>> Weekly MadameDeals Menu Plan