Oftentimes gluten free recipes call for expensive flours and unusual ingredients. This one is very basic but delicious! This is a perfect snack that kids can bring to school or a light afternoon snack that they can enjoy while studying their lessons.
Recipes for Snacks for Kids: Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cups peanut butter
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl.
- Drop scoops of dough on a cookie tray
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350.
- A child may need help putting the cookie tray in and or taking the cooking tray out of the oven.
- If you like, you may decorate and add a bit of chocolate or cacao nibs on the top of each cookie. Do this while the cookies are hot so they can be slightly secured into the dough.
- Variations: If you are allergic to nuts then try sun (sunflower seed) butter or almond butter. The tops of the cookies could also be decorated with chopped nuts (seeds or almonds).
Thanks to Rachel for this gluten free peanut butter cookies recipe!
Find more yummy Kids Snack Recipes
Also try out some of our Cookies Recipes:
Make sure to visit our Recipes Kids Can Make page for more yummy and easy to make recipes that kids will love to eat and make!
Don’t forget to also check out our other Recipes!
Find out what we eat >>> Weekly MadameDeals Menu Plan