Want to send a unique snack with your loved one to work or school? Perhaps you are trying to cheer up your child? Or encourage a loved one to stay on a diet? This is a darling presentation of a basic snack. Sometimes we just need to present snacks differently- to encourage them to eat something new (and healthy yet disguised!)
Recipes for Snacks for Kids: Apple Marshmallows Smile
- red apple, sliced
- peanut butter
- On one side of the sliced apple put enough peanut butter to hold the "teethe" marshmallows in place.
- Make sure you put the red sliced side on the side of the teethe so that the red appears to be the "lips".
- *Round apples make the best smiles. Apples that are smaller at the base (like the one pictured) make 'acceptable' unique smiles!
- For a funny smile you could add a "cavity" by putting a bit of caramel or chocolate syrup on one marshmallow.
- Add a chocolate chip or raisin for a "rotten tooth". This would allow for a great conversation starter of what is healthy in this snack, what is not so great and why.
- Use whatever butter you need and or prefer: for nut allergies you may be able to use almond (which is actually considered a fruit see) butter or sun (sunflower seed) butter. Natural, homemade, almond, and cashew butters could all be used.
Thanks to Rachel for this recipe!
Find more Kids Snack Recipes
Check out our other Apple Recipes:
Make sure to visit our Recipes Kids Can Make page for more yummy and easy to make recipes that kids will love to eat and make!
Don’t forget to also check out our other Recipes!
Find out what we eat >>> Weekly MadameDeals Menu Plan