Blueberry Shortcakes make Fun Kids Dessert Recipes
We are always looking for quick and kid friendly dessert recipes at my house because my daughter loves to help in the kitchen. With blueberries in abundance at our market,we decided to take advantage and ramp up our favorite shortcake recipe. The Strawberry Cream Cheese adds a nice filling and helps create a delicious berry blend.
- 6 Shortcake Shells
- 1 Pint Fresh Blueberries
- Philadelphia Strawberry Cream Cheese
- 1 Pint Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon, Separate 1/2 Tsp and save remaining for sprinkling.
- Rinse Blueberries and let dry.
- In Medium Mixing Bowl, Combine Heavy Whipping Cream,Sugar, Vanilla and 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- Whip until very think so it doesn't fall apart
- Snip a corner of a ziplock bag and Place Decorating Tip into corner. (If you don't have decorating tips just cut a smaller hole)
- Fill baggie with whipping cream and close.
- Spread Cream Cheese into Bottom of Shortcake Shell almost to the top, approximately 1 Tbsp
- Top with Blueberries
- Take bag of whipping cream and create swirls on top of blueberries.
- Sprinkle Cinnamon on top and serve.
Try it for yourself and don’t be afraid to add your own touches to these Blueberry Shortcakes.
Check out other Fun Kids Dessert Recipes!
Make sure to visit our Recipes Kids Can Make page for more yummy and easy to make recipes that kids will love to eat and make!
Don’t forget to also check out our other Recipes!
Topic: Fun Kids Dessert Recipes