Sausage-Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Marsala and Cranberry-Orange Polenta
YUMMY, YUMMY, YUMMY I have chicken coming out of my ears. I am learning to stockpile which we encourage you to do I bought the chicken last week for $.99 LB. What I do not have coming out of my ears is new recipes. I have to look to the goddess of the kitchen for those.
I love fancy food with layered flavors. What I do not love is the price of these dishes. I try to make something new and exciting each week. I am not the best cook but I will never get better if I do not try. I hope some of you will also try to make these dinners that I share on Wednesdays. If you do email us pictures. Thanks!
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves-
- 2 sprigs rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 pound hot or sweet bulk Italian sausage, or 4 links, casings discarded KROGER $1.99
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- Grated peel of 1 orange, plus 4 round slices
- 1 cup milk GALLON KROGER on sale for $2.50
- 3/4 cup instant polenta
- 2/3 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (a couple of handfuls) KROGER $ 1.33 cheating using italian mix cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine