I try every week to add a new meal to our menu. I attempt to follow the food guru and 30 minute meal making queen, Rachel Ray. The best part of my quest is I use items that I bought on sale so these meals are yummy and affordable… and oh, yes they can be completed in 30 minutes or less!
I just couldn’t resist this cute recipe. Why? Well we have been snowed in on more than one occasion. I thought we could have a dog day. I have two kids under six and they love to play. I am putting this recipe in my bag of tricks for the next big snow. I figured it would be the perfect way to end the day and I always have all the ingredients on hand. We will skip the actual Peanut butter because my son can’t have it; but it will not matter in the actual construction of the dog. This would be a great dish to serve at a slumber party it is easy to make and fast!
Peanut Butter Poodle Pancakes
- 1-1/4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Whipped cream
- 12 chocolate chips
- 1 strawberry Fruit Roll-Up, cut into 4 thin strips
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, beat together the milk, egg, peanut butter and butter until smooth. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until just combined.
- Ask your GH (Grown-Up Helper) to heat a nonstick griddle or large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Drop 1/4 cup batter onto the griddle for each pancake and cook until it begins to puff and the bottom is golden, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook until golden on the other side. Repeat with the remaining batter; you will need 10 pancakes.
- Place 1 pancake each on 4 plates. Cut out 4 ovals from 2 more pancakes. Cut the remaining 4 pancakes in half. Top each whole pancake with 2 pancake halves for the ears, 1 oval for the muzzle, whipped cream for the fur, chocolate chips for the eyes and nose and a strip of Fruit Roll-Up for the tongue.