POLLO ASADA SUMMER TIME BURRITOS
PREP TIME: 1 HR. WITH MARINATING TOTAL TIME: 1 HR. DIFFICULTY: EASY
- 4 Harvestland Purely All-Natural Boneless
- Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1¼ cups Schlotterbeck & Foss Carne Asada
- Sauce, divided
- 2 large Avocados, seeded and peeled
- 2 Tbsp. fresh Tropican Lemon juice
- 1 large Spice World Garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp. Morton Sea Salt
- 2 medium Tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup grated Wellsley Farms Red Onion
- (about ½ onion)
- 4 Mission 10" Flour Tortillas
- 1 cup finely chopped Fresh Express
- Organic Spring Mix
- 1 cup Wellsley Farms Shredded Mexican
- Daisy Sour Cream (optional)
- In a glass bowl, combine chicken thighs with 1 cup of the S&F Carne Asada Sauce; toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 50 min.
- While chicken marinates, use a mortar and pestle or potato masher and bowl to smash together the avocado, lemon juice, garlic and salt until it’s just blended. Don’t over mix. The avocado should be slightly chunky.
- Transfer to a bowl. Fold in the chopped tomato and grated onion.
- Refrigerate for 45 min.
- Preheat grill on medium-high. Brush thighs with reserved S&F Carne Asada Sauce.
- Cook about 10 min.,flipping halfway, until a meat thermometer inserted at thickest point registers 165°.
- Transfer to a cutting board and rest 3 min. before thinly slicing.
- Heat tortillas over warm grill. Top each with 1 sliced thigh, avocado mix, spring mix, cheese and sour cream. Fold in ends, roll and serve immediately.
Check out other S&F delicious recipes
- Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
- Peach Whiskey Glazed Pork Biscuits
- Peach Whisky Glazed Pork Tenderloins
- Spicy Steak Breakfast Burrito
- Spicy Steak Taco Salad
- Tortellini Alfredo
- Pollo Asada Summer Time Burritos Recipe
- Tuscan Garlic & Herb Whole Roasted Chicken Recipe
- Pineapple Habanero Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe
S&F Sauces are available at Whole Foods year round and BJ’s Wholesale Club on a rotational limited time only basis.
Don’t forget to visit S&F for more great recipes.