An easy way to cut down on Holiday stress is to start planning now. You will save yourself time and money by doing a little planning. Thanksgiving will be here before you know. Start thinking about your menu and start shopping for ingredients.
Here are some tips:
- Check your pantry, refrigerator and freezer for items you may have on hand. Make sure to check your spices and herbs too!
- Get all of the recipes you will be using in order.
- Write a list of ingredients you will need to buy. Some ingredients will be called for in several recipes (like butter and sour cream). Make sure to note the total quantity you will need for all recipes.
- If you are cooking for more days than just Thanksgiving, plan menu items that can be made over the next day. For example, Wednesday night we will have baked potatoes and cold cuts. The leftover potatoes and cold cuts will be made into appetizers for Thanksgiving day.
- Use your slow cooker since your oven will be packed. Plan some menu items that can be cooked in a crockpot or ahead of time. I make a sweet potato custard in the crockpot.
- Shop early if you can. The stores will be overcrowded as we get closer!
What are your tips for reducing Thanksgiving planning stress?
Now it’s your turn!
If you are a blogger, write a post about your idea for making dollars out of change. It can be on any topic as long as it has to do with saving money. Please link directly to your post and not your homepage.
If you do not have a blog, we still welcome and encourage your participation! Please leave your thoughts in the in a comment below!
This post is linked at My Coupon Teacher.