New Years DIY Party Favors
I am always looking for frugal ways to entertain and during the holidays I love to send my guests on their way with a special token to remember our gathering. With some simple items from my local dollar store and craft store I can create simple and beautiful DIY Party Favors. These make great decorations during the party and can be displayed at my guests home to enjoy.
DIY Party Favors
Clear Glass Wine Glasses ($1 each at Dollar Store) – 1 for each guest
Ribbon ( you need about 6-8 inches per glass) Sparkly colors and patterns are best
Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
Small Ornaments or Decorations
Tea Lights (if wanted)
Decorative stones or rocks
Gift Bag/Basket Stuffing (colors to match ribbon)
- Measure out your ribbon for wrapping around the stem. Apply a tiny amount of hot glue and apply end of ribbon to the bottom of the stem.
- Wind ribbon up the stem and secure at the top of the stem with hot glue.
- Apply hot glue to the ornament or decoration and glue on top of ribbon to stem.
- Fill cup with stuffing.
You can also create a similar look but turn it into a candle holder like this one below.
- Measure ribbon around top of glass. Make sure to wrap it around the part of the glass that allows the ribbon to lay flat.
- Secure one end with hot glue and wrap around and then secure the other end with hot glue.
- Clip floral sticks to desired length.
- Hot Glue one floral stick at a time to create the desired look.
- Place decorative stones in bottom of glass.
- Place tealight candle on top of stones
These DIY Party Favors can easily be created for any party. Simply match your ribbon and accessories to the theme of the party.
Check out this idea for an edible DIY Party Favor.
Get more DIY inspiration on our Craft Page.
Topic: DIY Party Favors