Musselman’s Apple Butter Recipe
As a mom of two boys who are always on the move; it is a challenge to keep them fed. My thirteen year old plays travel baseball. This means tournaments most weekends with 2 to 3 games per day. Some days we are fortunate to get a 20 minute break between games, which is a very short window to rest and re energize. How do I feed my son the food that he needs to get the energy to play that next important game? Musselman’s apple butter bites give him that energy that he needs – think energy bar in a bite sized package!
Musselman’s Apple Butter Bites
- 8 oz. chopped dates
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup MUSSELMAN'S apple butter
- 1 Tablespoon of flax seeds
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats (dry)
- 1 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- Combine the dates, honey, MUSSELMAN'S apple butter, flax seeds, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt in a food processor, and pulse until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl, and stir in the oats, coconut flakes and pumpkin seeds until evenly combined. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Once the mixture has chilled, use a spoon to shape it into balls. You could also line a small baking pan with parchment paper, and press the mixture evenly into the pan, let it cool, and then cut into bars.
- Store in refrigerator.
For more delicious Apple Butter recipes, check out Musselman’s Apple Butter Facebook page.
Find more Kids Snack Recipes!
Check out our other Apple Recipes:
- Special Apple Pie Recipe with Speculoos Cookie Butter
- Grandma’s Homemade Apple Sauce
- Apple Cheddar Quesadilla
Make sure to visit our Recipes Kids Can Make page for more yummy and easy to make recipes that kids will love to eat and make!
Don’t forget to also check out our other Recipes!
Find out what we eat >>> Weekly MadameDeals Menu Plan