Mothers Day Recipe – Sweet Tulip Pop Treat
Tulips are my favorite flower, so when I came across this tulip cookie cutter I just had to get it! With Mother’s Day right around the corner, you might be looking for a sweet treat to spoil a mom in your life with. Here is a pretty simple, but pretty way to do so.
Mothers Day Recipe
- 6 cups rice cereal
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- red food coloring
- white chocolate chips
- sprinkles of your choice
- lollipop sticks
- floral foam base
- Melt butter and marshmallows in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add 2-3 drops of red food coloring once all is melted. In a separate bowl mix rice cereal with melted marshmallow mixture.
- Pat into a 9 x 13 pan and allow to cool and set up.
- Once they are set enough that they will hold together, take your cookie cutter and cut through the treats.
- You may need to use a sharp knife to get them out of the pan.
- Place on wax paper.
- I cut 4 tulips and my kids ate the leftovers! Then take a lollipop stick and gently place in bottom of rice treat.
- Melt the white chocolate chips according to the package directions.
- Next, you will spoon the melted white chocolate over the tulip pops on all sides.
- Place on wax paper once it is completely covered.
- Now add your sprinkles while the chocolate is still warm.
- Allow to cool.
Thanks to Abby W. for sharing this Mothers Day Recipe!
Make sure to visit our Recipes Kids Can Make page for more yummy and easy to make recipes that kids will love!