Moroccan Carrot Sauce
Want to create a special dish for your family? This Moroccan Carrot Sauce will turn any fried or grilled meat into a fancy mouthwatering dish. Don’t be intimidated with the recipe name because this flavorful sauce is super easy to make and one batch of this carrot sauce is a lot so you can freeze it and use it for your other dishes.
Moroccan Carrot Sauce Recipe
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 tsp of shallot
- 2 tsp garlic
- 3 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp coriander
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 10 carrots peeled and chopped
- 8 cups of chicken stock
- 1 can of orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons of honey
- 2 tsp of red peppers
- salt and pepper
- You will need to sauté the onions, shallot, garlic in a medium temperature pan. You will sauté until they are opaque.
- Then add spices, and orange juice and 3 cups of the stock and boil carrots until they are soft.
- Once everything has been combined put them in a blender with the additional stock. You may have to do this in two sessions due to the amount of liquid.
- You can then add the salt and pepper until it suits your taste.
- I freeze the additional sauce because it makes a lot. It is great on lamb and chicken.