Saving Saturday: Mineral Oil Uses
Here at Madame Deals we love to help you save some money! So this week on our Saving Saturday column we are bringing you Mineral Oil Uses! Mineral Oil can be used for all kinds of things, and can really save you some money on products you don’t need! From beauty uses, to uses around the house, a bottle of Mineral Oil isn’t just for stomach problems anymore!
Here are some of the great Mineral Oil Uses:
For your body:
- Constipation: Of course Mineral Oil is great if you are suffering from constipation. Make sure to check the bottle for recommended dosing!
- Moisturizer- Mineral Oil is great for dry skin, and I use it frequently in the winter. Just a dime sized amount rubbed in your hands then on the affected area works great! I would not recommend it one your face though.
- Hair- If your hair is feeling dry and brittle, use a dime size amount on wet hair and work into the hair, dry as usual and see the shine!
- Make-up Remover- Using a cotton ball, put a small amount of mineral oil on the cotton and use to remove stubborn eye make up. Wash your face as normal afterwords.
- Diaper Rash- Mineral Oil is great for keeping diaper rash at bay. A small amount on the affected area can calm diaper rashes and keep them from coming back.
- Ear Wax Buildup- I have recently used Mineral Oil for ear wax build up and it is amazing! Pour a small amount of mineral oil in your ear, and let it sit about 10 minuets, tip your head over and pour some warm water into your ear, the ear wax will fall right out!
- Ear Mites (for your pets- Using a dropper, put a few drops of Mineral Oil in your pets affected ear and let them shake their head so the oil coats the ear, using a cotton swab, remove the mites!
Mineral Oil Uses for your Home:
- For your wood furniture- using a combination of lemon juice and 2 cups of mineral oil you can make your wood furniture shine!
- Appliances- If your appliances are looking a little dull, a small dab of mineral oil on a towel used to wipe them down should shine them right up!
- Fight Rust- A coating of mineral oil on tools will help keep rust away!
- Stain Remover- Dab a little mineral oil on a stain before throwing it in the wash and it will absorb the stain
So there you have it, some great Mineral Oil Uses you might not have thought about before! Do you know any other uses that aren’t on this lest? Let us know in the comment section!
Looking for more great alternative uses for every day things like these mineral oil uses? Check out these posts:
Do you know of other mineral oil uses? Share it with us below.