Microwave Recipes for Kids
Here’s a super quick microwave recipes for kids. Get them into the kitchen and teach them how to make some yummy microwave fudge.
Microwave Recipes for Kids: Two Minute Microwave Fudge
- 1 box (1lb) or 3 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- Mix the above ingredients in a microwave safe bowl.
- Prepare an 8x8 square pan before you put the fudge in the microwave. We use the wrapper to the butter and rub it on the pan. The fudge will get thick as it cools so you will need to be prepared ahead of time.
- The mixture should appear chunky and dry. The next step will add moisture. If your helper did not measure properly add more of the ingredient needed, judging by taste and color.... If the mixture is already thick and smooth then you need to add more powdered sugar or cocoa at this point. If the mixture is bitter then add more powdered sugar, if it is light in color then add more cocoa. If you do add to the mixture realize you will have more end product and need to have a slightly larger pan.
- Put 1/2 cup or 1 stick of butter on top.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Carefully remove bowl from microwave.
- Stir until smooth.
- Blend in 1 tablespoon vanilla.
- Pour into buttered dish and chill then cut into squares.
- **Adult assistance may be needed to remove the bowl from the microwave and or hold the warm bowl to pour into the dish.
- Add any "extras" when you blend in the vanilla. Suggestions for extras: chopped nuts, coconut, and/ or chopped candy pieces. Use your favorite extract.
Thanks to Rachel C. for sharing this recipe!
Make sure to visit our Recipes Kids Can Make page for more yummy and easy to make recipes that kids will love!
Don’t forget to also check out our other Recipes!
Do you love to write? Or can do crafts or have fun ideas for articles. MadameDeals is hiring! Apply now! Check out my >>> Job Board
Topic: Microwave Recipes for Kids