These Low Fat Dog Treats are so tasty your dog won’t know they are Healthy!
We foster for a local Rescue in Michigan, Providing For Paws, and we recently took in a new puppy. He has had a rough start at life and after recovering from surgery he developed Pancreatitis. In order to make sure he stays healthy he must be on a low fat diet. Although many treats are not really high in fat they are not necessarily low in fat. In order for him not to feel left out at treat time, I have made him his own special Low Fat Dog Treats.
Whip these Delicious Treats up for your pet and know that you are putting their health first.
Low Fat Dog Treats Recipe
- 1 medium banana, ripe
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/8 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Grate carrots and place in a medium bowl
- Mash Banana into carrots
- Add Applesauce and water to the banana and carrot mixture, set aside.
- In large bowl stir flour and oats together, mix completely to combine.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients together.
- Stir until completely mixed.
- Begin to knead mixture with your hands and remove to floured surface.
- Keep kneading the dough until it has formed.
- Roll out dough to 1/2 thick.
- Take cookie cutter and cut out dough.
- Roll up excess dough and re-roll out.
- Repeat this until all the dough is used.
- Place on Non-Stick Baking Sheet and Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove and let cool on wire rack.
- *********For Crispier Cookie you can leave in Turned Off oven overnight.********
- Keep in Refrigerator for up to 3 weeks or Freeze for up to 6 months.
- Makes approximately 2 dozen cookies.
Check out our entire selection of Dog Treat Recipes.
Feed your Dog these Safe and Tasty People Foods.
Know what Foods NOT to feed your dog.
Topic: Low Fat Dog Treats