Low Calorie Spinach Stuffed Chicken Parmesan
If you are craving some Italian style chicken, then you will love my Low Calorie Spinach Stuffed Chicken Parmesan! Its got all the flavor of a traditional chicken Parmesan, with 1/2 the calories and some great for you spinach stuffed in there too! This recipe was simple to make, and a huge hit for my whole family! I’ll admit, it isn’t the prettiest thing I’ve ever made, but it is one of the best tasting!And with each stuffed chicken clocking in at only 196 calories, it’s a perfect way to indulge without the bulge!
Here is how to make this Low Calorie Spinach Stuffed Chicken Parmesan:
- 8 thin chicken cutlets
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (whole wheat)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 8 tablespoons egg whites (or egg beaters)
- 6 oz spinach, drained and dried
- 6 tbsp skim ricotta cheese
- 6 oz mozzarella (not shredded!)
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees and lightly spray a baking pan with olive oil spray.
- in a bowl combine your bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese, in another bowl add your egg whites.
- Shred 1/5 oz of your mozzarella and combine it with your ricotta cheese, 2 tbsp egg whites, and spinach. Mix well.
- Lay chicken cutlets down on your cooking surface and spread about 2 tbsp of your cheese mixture onto each cutlet. Roll them up.
- Bring your rolled up chicken to your egg whites and breadcrumb mixture. Dip them first in the egg whites, and then in the breadcrumbs.
- Lay your chicken seem side down onto your baking pan.
- Bake your chicken for 25 minuets and then remove, add about a tbsp of sauce on each chicken, and top with a slice of mozzarella cheese, put back in the oven for about 5 more minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.
- Serve with pasta or salad and enjoy!
Looking for some more great Low Calorie Recipes? Check these out:
Topic: Low calorie recipes