Low Calorie Scalloped Potatoes
Fall is right around the corner, and one of my favorite fall sides are low calorie scalloped potatoes! This recipe is perfect for a quick weeknight meal, or even a weekend gathering! The best part? It’s low calorie! You can have a serving of this tasty dish for only 170 calories. If you pair that with a lean meat, it’s a perfect well balanced meal!
Here is how you make my Low Calorie Scalloped Potatoes:
- 2 pounds potatoes
- 2 tsp light butter
- olive oil spray
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 oz reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 1 tsp bayleaf
- 1 tsp thyme
- First, peel and slice your potatoes. They need to be about 1/8 inch thick
- Next, put your sliced potatoes in a bowl and mix them with your butter (melt it first) and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a sauce pan bring milk,thyme, and bayleaf to a boil.
- While waiting for your milk to boil, add a single layer of potatoes in a baking pan.
- Next, add a layer of cheese, than add your remaining potatoes. Add the remainder of the cheese and pour your milk over the potatoes.
- Bake your potatoes on 425 degrees for 40-50 mins, let cool and enjoy!
Looking for some more great low calorie recipes? Check these out:
- Low Calorie Crock Pot Chicken Taco Soup
- Low Calorie Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Low Calorie Garlic & Herb Bread
Topic: Low Calorie Scalloped Potatoes