I love Mexican food! Anything spicy is for me! So when I had my latest craving for Mexican food I knew I had to try out these awesome Low Calorie Recipes: Chicken Enchiladas. It has just the right amount of heat with a fraction of the calories of other recipes! So here it is,
My Low Calorie Recipes: Chicken Enchiladas!
Here is what you will need for this Low Calorie Recipes: Chicken Enchiladas:
For the Sauce:
Directions for Low Calorie Recipes: Chicken Enchiladas:
1.In a Medium Saucepan set to Medium High, saute garlic and then add Add green chilis, chipotle seasoning, cumin, chicken broth, tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Set aside until ready to use, and preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cook chicken breasts (I used a George Forman grill) and shred.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onions and garlic on low until soft( about 2 minutes)Add chicken, salt, cilantro,oregano, chipotle seasoning, tomato sauce, chicken broth, and cook 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Put 1/3 cup chicken mixture into each tortilla and roll it.
5. Spray a 13 by 9-inch baking dish with non-stick spray. Place each rolled Enchilada seem side down, and cover with sauce and cheese. Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minuets. Remove foil and cook an additional 5 minutes (or until cheese is bubbly)
6. Let cool and Serve! I topped mine with Sour Cream and a little hot sauce, but if you choose to top it remember to account for the extra calories!
Here are the Nutrition Facts for this Low Calorie Recipes: Chicken Enchiladas:
Serving size: 1 Enchilada
Fat: 6 g
Check out all of our Low Calorie Recipes on our Low Calorie Recipes page!