Low Calorie Mozzarella Sticks!
I am always looking for fun, low calorie snacks to make for my family, so when I found these awesome Low Calorie Mozzarella Sticks I was hooked! They are cheesy, crunchy, and just plain awesome. They also were super simple to make, and at only 87 calorie a serving, you can enjoy these without feeling guilty!
Here is how to make this Low Calorie Mozzarella Sticks:
- 12 sticks part-skim, reduced sodium mozzarella string cheese (I used Sargento)
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp flour (I used whole wheat flour)
- 5 tbsp Panko
- 5 tbsp Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- Olive oil cooking spray
- First cut all 12 mozzarella sticks in half and put them on a parchment paper lined plate, stick them in the freezer until they are completely frozen. (This is very important, if they are not all the way frozen they will melt before they cook completely)
- Next, put your flour in a shallow dish, beat your egg and place it in another dish, and combine your panko, breadcrumbs, parmesan, and parsley into another bowl. Dip each stick into the flour (shake off the excess), then the egg, and then coat it in the bread crumbs. repeat this process for each stick.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.Place coated sticks onto a foil lined, and oiled baking sheet. Spray the tops of the sticks with olive oil and bake for 4 minutes. Take them out and carefully turn them over, and bake another 4 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Here is the Nutrition Facts for these Low Calorie Mozzarella Sticks:
Serving size- 2 sticks
These Low Calorie Mozzarella Sticks were so yummy and easy to make, the whole family loved them, and I bet yours will too!
Topic: Low Calorie Mozzarella Sticks