Low Calorie Meatballs
Spaghetti and meatballs is one of my favorite meals for fall it’s easy, and filling. While trying to live a healthier lifestyle, I cut calories when I can. I use wheat noodles, make my own sauce, and recently, learning how to make my own low calorie meatballs. These meatballs are full of flavor and super yummy! For a spaghetti dish with 5 meatballs and sauce is about 211 calories, perfect way to indulge without really indulging right? Haha!
Here is how to make these Low Calorie Meatballs:
- 1 lb lean ground beef (at least 83%)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 6 oz fresh or frozen spinach
- 1 large egg
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp chopped
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine beef, spinach, cheese, salt, pepper, garlic, egg, and bread crumbs together in a large bowl and mix with your hands.
- Form small balls with your hands and place them on a plate.
- When all balls are formed grab a frying pan and put your oil in it, set on med-high
- Place your meatballs in the oil and cook on each side about 5 minuets or until cooked all the way through.
- Place your cooked meatballs on a plate and dab off excess oil. Let cool and toss in with your sauce, pour over spaghetti and serve!
Looking for more low calorie recipes? Check these out: