Low Calorie Grilled Pesto Chicken and Pepper Kebabs
Just because it is fall doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy some yummy meals made on the grill right? These Low Calorie Grilled Pesto Chicken and Pepper Kebabs are SO good, and good for you, so it’s a double win! Even my daughter loved these an said that she felt like I pirate because she was eating “Chicken on a sword” ha! These clock in at only 147 calories per kebab so they are a great light dinner that is still full of flavor!
Here is how to make these Low Calorie Grilled Pesto Chicken Kebabs:
- 1 1/4 pound of grilled chicken, cut into small pieces
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- Metal (or wooden) skewers
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves (chopped)
- 1 clove of garlic (chopped)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tsp olive oil
- First, put your basil, garlic, and cheese into a food processor and add you oil. pulse until smooth.
- Then, combine raw chicken and pesto in a bowl and let marinate for at least an hour.
- After your chicken has marinated, begin threading your kebab, starting with chicken and ending with chicken.
- Next, heat up your grill (I used an indoor grill over med-high heat) and cook for about 5 minuets on each side, or until cooked all the way through. Serve with a salad or any other yummy side of your choice!
Looking for more great Low Calorie recipes? Check these out: