Low Calorie Crock Pot Tomato Soup
Fall is right around the corner, and it is a perfect time to try out this low calorie crock pot tomato soup recipe! This soup was a family favorite over the weekend, and took minimal effort on my part to make! I also love that with this recipe you get about 10 servings, so my family of 4 can eat this twice. I froze the rest of the soup so I could eat it again another time! As most of you know, I’m living a low calorie lifestyle, so I’m always trying to find recipes that are not only good, but good for you, so I know you will enjoy this recipe at only 177 calories a serving! Oh, and if you are wondering where that super cute spoon in the photo came from, it’s from the wonder Etsy seller BabyPuppyDesigns who makes vintage, hand stamped silverware that you can personalize! Make sure to check her out!
Here is my recipe for Low Calorie Crock Pot Tomato Soup:
- 28 oz can of whole tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced onions
- 2 cans chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 3/4 cup milk (warmed)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over med/high heat oil, carrots, celery, and onion for 5 mins, then add to crock pot.
- Pour the juice from the tomatoes into the crock pot, and crush the tomatoes gently, add them into the crock pot.
- Then add your broth, thyme, basil, and bay leaf. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Blend the soup until smooth. (Note: Be careful if you are using a blender. Hold the top of the blender down firmly, I had an explosion in my kitchen haha)
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over low heat and add the flour, stir constantly for 4 mins and whisk in your warm milk and a cup of soup. Then return the mix to the crock pot.
- Add your cheese and salt and pepper, cook for 30 more mins.
- Pour soup into a bowl and serve!
Looking for more Low Calorie recipes? Check these out:
Topic: Low Calorie