Low Calorie Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken
If you are looking for an easy, spicy dish for dinner tonight, then this low calorie crock pot honey sesame chicken is perfect for you! I love this meal because it’s easy to make, and has some great Asian inspired flavors that will really spice up your weeknight dinner routine! The best part is that this meal is only 185 calories per serving!
Here is how to make this Low Calorie Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken:
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp water
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sriracha hot chili sauce (or more if you want to kick it up!)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Put your chicken in the crock pot, and season with black pepper
- In a bowl combine honey, soy sauce, tomato paste, sriracha, vinegar, 1 tsp water, sesame oil, and garlic. Mix well.
- Pour sauce over chicken, and cook on low for 4 hours
- Remove chicken (leave the sauce in the crock pot) and shred, set aside
- In a bowl, dissolve cornstarch in 1/4 cup water and then add to the slow cooker and stir well.Cover your sauce and cook on high until slightly thickened,( about 15 minutes); return chicken to the slow cooker and mix well.
- Optional- make some Jasmine rice and put in in a bowl, pour chicken over the rice and serve!
Here are the nutrition facts for this Low Calorie Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken:
Serving size- 1 cup
This recipe was a hit with the whole family, and was super filling! Make sure to factor in the calories of the rice when adding it to your recipe
Topic: Low Calorie Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken