Low Calorie Crock Pot Chicken Taco Soup
This week I have been sick with the flu, and I knew this low calorie crock pot chicken taco soup would make me feel better! It was nice and hot, and required minimal effort on my part. Sick or not, I like to stick to my low calorie lifestyle, so this recipe was perfect. I love recipes that are “throw it all in 1 pot and cook it” recipes, and I’m sure a lot of you out there do to! This recipe is 207 calories, so it’s nice and filling without breaking the calorie bank!
So her is my recipe for Low Calorie Crock Pot Chicken Taco Soup:
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 onion
- 2 chili peppers
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 10 oz package of frozen corn
- 2 cans diced tomatoes with chilies
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 pack low sodium taco seasoning
- 24 oz boneless, skinless, chicken
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- First, chop up your onions and chilies, set aside.
- In a crock pot combine sauce,corn,tomatoes,chili powder,taco seasonings, beans, onions, and chili's. Let the chicken rest on top. Cook in the crock pot on high for 5 hours.
- After 5 hours, take the chicken out and shred it, then place it back in the crock pot and stir.
- Turn your crock pot on low and let the soup cook one more hour.
- After 1 hour serve over rice (or by itself) and enjoy!
Looking for some more great Low Calorie recipes? Try these:
Topic: Low Calorie meals