The theme this week for Money Saving Monday at Inexpensively is Surviving Winter. If you are on the East coast you have probably had your fill of snow! Virginia has had the most snow in recorded history this year- and there is more winter to come. So how do you survive winter?
With two energized boys I am always looking for great ideas to keep them entertained. Our mom’s group came up with some fabulous and frugal ideas this week!
- Let your kids take a bath in the middle of the day!
- Put shaving cream on a cookie sheet and let the kids finger “paint”.
- Blow bubbles inside in an area where the floors can be mopped.
- Make a fort.
- Take painters tape and make roads on the floor throughout the house.
- Bring the scooters indoors. We have hardwood floors and an open floor plan. Since it is too cold to scooter outside, my boys scooter inside. (Probably not an idea for everyone, but it works for us!)
- Bring buckets of snow inside to play with. Food coloring can be added to spray bottles to color the snow.
- Make a theme dinner. Make decorations and dress-up for the occasion.
- If you need more ideas, Cookie has a list of 101 Indoor Kids’ Activities.
What do you do to survive winter?