Dr.Seuss is one of my daughters favorite Authors of all time! We have about 15 of his Childrens Books. Did you know it was Dr.Suess‘ Birthday yesterday!? Did you do anything to Celebrate it? We did! We had Green Eggs and Ham (well…bacon) and watched Cat and the Hat!
Check out some of the Dr.Seuss Crafts you can do to celebrate:
How cute is this idea, ask your child what their favorite Dr.Seuss book is, and recreate the cover!
Or how about these? Handprint “Thing 1″ and “Thing 2″ Wouldn’t this be perfect for Twins!?
Here are some Fun facts about Dr.Seuss:
- Dr.Seuss published a total of 46 Childrens Books!
- Dr.Seuss’ real name is Theodor Seuss Geisel, but he used the pen name Dr.Seuss, Theo LeSieg and, Rosetta Stone.
- His books have been adapted into 11 TV specials, 4 feature films, a Broadway musical and 4 TV series (Cat in the Hat knows a lot about that, is our favorite!)
- He was known as a bit of a perfectionist and could spend up to a year writing 1 book!
- Dr.Seuess’ Birthday has been adopted as the annual date for National Read Across America Day, an initiative on reading created by the National Education Association.
- There is a land inside Universal Studios dedicated to Dr.Seuss called Seuss Landing which features the Green Eggs and Ham Cafe and The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride!
- Dr.Seuss has 16 Books in the top 100 selling Children’s books of all time!
What are some of your Favorite Dr.Seuss Books?
Here are our top 5:
Jaiden got Happy Birthday to You by Dr.Seuss for her 2nd Birthday, and she still ask’s to read it about once a week!
The Lorax. A classic! Once Jaiden read this one she ran around outside for weeks telling everyone she “Spoke for the Trees” haha!
Green Eggs and Ham, another classic Dr.Seuss. Every time we read this for a bedtime story, Jaiden insists I dye her eggs green in the morning.
One fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish was my personal favorite when I was a kid!
Perhaps the most popular, The Cat in the Hat is ranked #1 in this house, what about yours?
What is your Favorite Dr.Seuss Book?