So, you want to make homemade body wash? Always thought it was too hard? Well think again
You will need:
- 1 Large stock pot
- 2 large measuring cups (one must be glass or microwave safe at least)
- 3 Bars of soap ( I used Ivory because it is what I got free)
- Microwave (or cheese grater you can use either)
- Mixer (electric is better but if you want you can hand mix just takes longer)
- Water (6 cups min might have to add more depending on your soap)
- Lots of bottles this will make about a gallon depending on your soap
- Scent oil (optional)
- Bring six cups of water to a low boil on the stove
- Rough chop a bar of soap so it fits easily in your measuring cup (the glass one this will go in
- the microwave. If no microwave grate like you would cheese and put in the boiling water melt
- Melt soap in the microwave for 30 seconds. (this varies by microwave)
- Add melted soap to the simmering water stir well (repeat until all soap is in the water)
- Mix thourally (this is where that mixer comes in handy)
- Let cool fully mix in sent oil then bottle.
Tips and tricks:
If your soap is really thick after cooling add boiling water and mix fully again this will vary by type of
soap you use.
If you use Oil of Olay soap start with 4 cups of water or your soap will be really thin due to the
amount of moisturizers in the soap.
Thanks to Laura Anne for sending us this how to homemade body wash post!
Check out our other version of Homemade Body Wash!
If you want to share with us some of your frugal finds or frugal skin care recipes such as this homemade body wash please email me at email@example.com