Homemade Peach Preserves
I found the easiest recipe for homemade peach preserves and I just had to share it with you! Summer is the best time to enjoy peaches, and if you preserve them now, you can enjoy them all year long! You don’t even need any fancy equipment to make this recipe (unless you consider mason jars fancy!) and it takes less than an hour to make!
Here is how to make my recipe for Homemade Peach Preserves:
- 8 peaches
- 4 cups of sugar
- 1 package (2 oz)of dry pectin
- First, take your peaches and pit and chop them into small pieces.
- Next, Add peaches,to a large saucepan and set ovver medium-low heat. Bring peaches to a low boil, and cook for about 20 minutes or until peaches become liquid (I like to leave some chunks of peaches in)
- Then, add in your sugar and stir.
- Slowly stir in your pectin and boil for about 1 min.
- Remove peaches from heat after 1 minute, and transfer to sterilized jars. Process in hot water bath for 10 minutes.(I just used a pot of hot water, but make sure you put a washcloth/towel in the pot so the mason jars do not crack from getting to hot) Let cool, and place on shelf.
This recipe was super easy to make, and tastes awesome!! My family loves it, and I loved making it so much, that I will be hitting the farmers market this week for some blackberries so I can make some blackberry preserves!
Looking for some more yummy recipes like this homemade peach preserves? Check these out:
- Homemade Canned Peach Butter
- Fun Fruit Recipes for Kids: Peach Cobbler
- Kids Low Fat Recipes : Peachy Pancakes