Here’s an important fact that us women should know. Right now, the leading cause of death among women in this country is heart disease.
Our weight, diet, stress and physical activity are all significant factors that contribute to this disease. It’s really scary and sad because most women don’t know that it may affect all of us. That’s why prevention is very important. Did you know that even little changes to your diet and fitness routine can make a big difference in the state of your heart.
Our tips to make your heart healthy:
1. Stop eating junk food and start eating healthy snacks like dried fruits and nuts.
2. Stop or lessen your salty and greasy food intake. Eat more vegetables and fruits, whole grains, low-fat dairy products, there are also certain types of fish such as salmon and tuna that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and can reduce your risk of heart disease.
3. Reduce stress in your life. Learn to relax by treating yourself to a spa, meditating, even smiling and laughing often can make a difference.
4. Stop smoking and limit your alcohol intake because these can raise the risk of high blood pressure. It may be hard for some, but as a start try to lessen it daily until you can fully stop.
5. Physical activity is very important, so try to exercise at least 30 minutes daily.
6. Monitor your blood pressure.
February is American Heart Month
to celebrate join the
Lifetime Moms Healthy Heart Sweepstakes for a chance to win $250 and a premium blender.
Four First Prize Winners will receive:
$250 and Oster® Versa™ Performance Blender
You can enter the sweepstakes up to five times a day for more chances of winning. Sweepstakes ends at 11:59:59 a.m. ET on March 6, 2013.