Every Dog Deserves Healthy Dog Treats
My dogs are always in the kitchen whenever I start cooking. They know that they usually don’t get anything but when I make healthy dog treats, they know they will have delicious fresh snacks for the net few days. I have started making my own treats because buying the healthier dog treats adds up. With 3 dogs and foster dogs receiving treats, it can really add up. I also know that these oatmeal peach cookies have exactly what they need and none of what they don’t.
These delicious and healthy dog treats have been dog tested and dog approved!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (I used gluten free)
- 1/4 cup diced peaches (if using canned make sure to rinse well)
- 3/4 cup water divided
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- Preheat oven to 350*
- In Large bowl, combine oats and 1/2 cup of water.
- In blender or food processor combine peaches, 1/8 cup water, olive oil and honey. Puree until smooth liquid. (I used by Bullet Mixer)
- Add the peach mixture to oats and mix completely.
- Add flour,cinnamon and remaining 1/8 cup of water.
- Using a fork combine flour into oat mixture.
- If it is hard to combine, dump out onto your counter and knead together like you would pasta or bread dough.
- Once mixture is completely combined. Break off pieces of dough and roll into 1 inch balls.
- Place on nonstick baking sheet (I use a baking stone).
- Press down with fingers or back of spoon.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Turn off oven and leave until cooled or overnight.
- Makes 24 dog treats.
Read our most recent article on why you should Adopt and Not Shop for your next pet.
Check out our entire selection of Dog Treat Recipes.
Feed your Dog these Safe and Tasty People Foods.
Know what Foods NOT to feed your dog.
Topic: Healthy Dog Treats