I don’t know about you, but my mornings are pretty rushed. We don’t have a minute to spare if we want to be on our way on time. Making healthy breakfast items ahead of time will save you time and money. If you have quick and easy breakfast items prepared, you will be less likely to run through a fast food establishment.
Here are a few ideas:
- Make waffles or pancakes ahead of time and freeze. The Sneaky Chef has several pancake recipes for integrating healthy ingredients into the mix. Pop one in the toaster just before you head out the door. Instead of using syrup, just place a little butter spread for less mess in the car. If you have time to eat before jumping in the car, try fresh berries instead of syrup.
- Make oatmeal in your slow cooker. Before the sweet dreams take hold, make up a batch of oatmeal in your slow cooker to cook as you sleep. Waking up to a bowl of hot cereal sounds wonderful!
- Hard boil eggs. They are full of protein and quick to eat on the run.
- Make breakfast burritos or sandwiches ahead of time and freeze them. A few seconds in the microwave and you are good to go!
- Keep fruit on hand. When fruit that you like is at a rock bottom price, consider freezing it for a later date. Flash freeze your berries, juice citrus fruit and freeze or leave bananas in their peel and freeze for banana bread. Smoothies with added protein powder make a refreshing summer breakfast or snack.
Don’t forget to make your coffee or tea at home for more savings! Set your coffee pot to automatically brew when you wake-up to save you time.
What are your ideas for a quick and healthy money saving breakfast?
Thank you to Sara at Saving for Someday for inspiration for this post!
Now it’s your turn!
If you are a blogger, write a post about your idea for making dollars out of change. It can be on any topic as long as it has to do with saving money. Please place a link back to Madame Deals in your post. Then come back here and add your post URL to the linky. Please post directly to your post and not your homepage.
If you do not have a blog, we still welcome and encourage your participation! Please leave your thoughts in the in a comment below!