I had the afternoon to myself and headed off grocery shopping! Since I was without the boys, I was able to shop at several stores- ToysRus, Target, Harris Teeter and Kroger. I even picked up a few Christmas presents!
The meat department had great deals at Harris Teeter this week. Unfortunately the chuck roasts were sold out (will be in stock tomorrow). I did get a raincheck though. The boneless skinless chicken breasts were also sold out. However, the manager told me he would give me the chicken breast tenderloins for the same buy 1, get 2 free deal! Score! I bought 6 packs of boneless chicken tenderloins for $13.39! I will package these for the freezer in meal size portions with a little marinade added. Other Highlights:
(2) Kashi Go Lean Cereal $3- I had (2) $3 off coupons from Vocalpoint mailer, made both FREE
(3) Tostitos Family Size $2.49 each- I had (3) $1 off coupons from a tearpad found at Food Lion, made it $1.49 each
Nutrigrain Bars $2.99 -.75¢ coupon from HERE, makes it $1.49
(6) White House Applesauce $1 -(2) .75¢/2 coupons and (1) $1/2 coupon, made it .25¢-.50¢ per 6 pack!
(2) Driscoll’s Raspberries $2.49 -(2) .50¢ coupons from HERE, made it $1.49 each
The rest of the items were the same deals I wrote about HERE.
I paid: $38.25
I saved: $67.67
I went to Kroger today for the 50% off Keebler, Kashi and Kellogg’s sale. I didn’t do as well as I had planned but I am still happy! Target has a new printable $5/4 Kellogg’s cereal coupon out that says manufactures coupon. It would not scan at Kroger though. I had the manager take two boxes of cereal off my order since I couldn’t use the coupon. I am not go into detail for the 50% off items as it was for today only. Here is what I bought:
(3) boxes of cereal
(2) Cereal bars
(4) Boxes of crackers
(2) Kraft Cheese $1.66 -$1/2 coupon, made it $1.16 each
(2) Muir Glen Tomato Paste $1.19 -(1) $1 coupons, made it .19¢ each
18 ct Egglands Best Eggs $1.89 -.50¢ coupon, made it .89¢
(2) Pillsbury Crescent Rolls $1.67 -.50¢/2 coupon, made it $1.17 each
(5) Whole Soy Yogurt on markdown for .39¢ each (usually $1.10)
Salad Mix $1.39 (on markdown)
I Paid: $25.96
I Saved: $40.43
And… if you are wondering where the milk and other perishable items are, I actually went to Food Lion yesterday. We were out of milk and some other things that could not wait for today! I spent $12.74. I have only spent $76.95 of my $100 budget this week!
[ad#adesnse text link]