Halloween Recipes: Meringue Ghosts
If you are looking for a fun Halloween treat that won’t bust your calorie budget, then you will love my Halloween Recipes: Meringue Ghosts! These cuties are easy to make, and are only 25 calories each! I had a lot of fun making these, and they would be perfect for a Halloween party, or even as a special treat to take to school!
Here is how to make these Halloween Recipes” Meringue Ghosts:
- 9 egg whites
- parchment paper
- 3/4 tsp Cream of Tarter
- 3/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup sugar
- mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together egg whites, cream of tarter, and almond extract until soft peaks form.
- Slowly add in sugar 2 tbsps at a time.
- Beat with a hand mixer (or stand mixer) until stuff peaks form.
- Add your meringue to a ziploc bag and snip off the end.
- Pipe out your ghosts onto parchment paper, make sure they are a bit apart so they don't touch.
- Add mini chocolate chips for eyes and bake for 1 hour.Turn off the oven and leave them in the closed oven for an additional 6 hours, take out and enjoy!
Looking for some more Halloween awesomeness? Check out these posts:
Topic: Halloween Recipes