Great Kids Recipes for You!
Who says pumpkin bread is just for the fall? In my family, we enjoy this pumpkin bread recipe all year round. It’s easy to make and my kids love to eat it as part of any meal. And it’s always a big hit at my husband’s office. This recipe yields two loaves of pumpkin bread, so I usually send one to work with my husband and save the other one for my family to enjoy.
Pumpkin Bread – Another One of Our Great Kids Recipes!
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 4 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat two 9x5 inch loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix or sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar, oil, eggs, and pumpkin. You can do this by hand or with a mixer.
- Slowly add the dry mixture. Alternate with small amounts of the water. Mix until well-combined, but do not over-mix!
- Divide batter evenly between the two prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
This pumpkin bread smells wonderful and tastes even better! Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap to store. But grab a slice quickly…this bread gets eaten up fast!
And for even more great kids recipes, check out our Cooking with Kids page!